This is the permanent home of all the equipment reviews I’ve shared over the years! It’s definitely a work in progress, so keep checking back to see what I add!
My current equipment includes…
- Ultra Turrax homogenizer (review coming soon)
- Dynamic MInipro mixer with emulsifying blade and dairy blade (review coming soon)
- Kitchenaid 9 speed mixer – no shear (review coming soon)
- Minipro Mixer (Lotioncrafter)
- Norpro MiniMixer with four attachments
- Escali scale that weighs to 1 gram
- Escali scale that weighs to 0.01 grams
- Random scale from Amazon that weighs to 0.1 grams
WHAT DO WE NEED WHEN STARTING OUT?
GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT EQUIPMENT
DISCUSSIONS ABOUT MIXING THEORY
Zoom meeting on mixers – click, then scroll to find the download for that workshop. It has so much about mixers in it!
BEAKERS, FLASKS, AND OTHER GLASS WARE (including things like pipettes, measuring cups, and boats)
Including fondue pots, double boilers, hot plates, and more
IMMERSION BLENDERS/STICK BLENDERS (HIGH SHEAR MIXER)
You can find all the information on pH meters – how they work, how to use them, why we use them, and more – along with reviews of seven different ones in the pH & information about meters section of the blog.
Reviews of quite a few different scales, including Escali (1 gram), Escali (0.01 grams), and KD 7000
UTENSILS (including forks, knives, spoons, and other things for mixing stuff)