This is the permanent home of all the equipment reviews I’ve shared over the years! It’s definitely a work in progress, so keep checking back to see what I add!
You can find a huge post that I’ll be updating about mixers by clicking this link – Everything you wanted to know about mixers, but were afraid or forgot to ask! (Updated January 20, 2021)
My current equipment includes…
- IKA T 25 Digital ULTRA TURRAX® homogenizer – NEW!
- Dynamic Minipro mixer, immersion blender with emulsifying blade and dairy blade – NEW!
- Dynamic Minipro mixer with homogenizer attachment – NEW!
- Kitchenaid 9 speed mixer – no shear (review coming soon)
- Magnetic stirrer without hot plate (up to 3,000 RPM) – information on stir bars in that post
- Magnetic stirrer with hot plate (up to 2,000 RPM) – information on stir bars
- Overhead stirrer
- Minipro Mixer (Lotioncrafter)
- Norpro MiniMixer with four attachments (more information found in the huge mixer post, January 20, 2021)
- Escali scale that weighs to 1 gram
- Escali scale that weighs to 0.01 grams
- Random scale from Amazon that weighs to 0.1 grams
WHAT DO WE NEED WHEN STARTING OUT?
GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT EQUIPMENT
DISCUSSIONS ABOUT MIXING THEORY
Zoom meeting on shear mixers, like immersion blenders, stick blenders, and homogenizers. Click the link, then scroll to find the download for that workshop as it contains so much information!
Loads more on mixer with tons of links after the Zoom meeting on homogenizers! So much information there!
BEAKERS, FLASKS, AND OTHER GLASS WARE (including things like pipettes, measuring cups, and boats)
Including fondue pots, double boilers, hot plates, and more
IMMERSION BLENDERS, STICK BLENDERS, AND HOMOGENIZERS (HIGH SHEAR MIXERS)
Review: High shear mixers – Chefman 300W Soft-Touch Rubberized Ice Crushing Immersion Blender (not recommended)
Review: Ultra Turrax homogenizer
MAGNETIC STIRRERS (NO SHEAR MIXERS)
You can find all the information on pH meters – how they work, how to use them, why we use them, and more – along with reviews of seven different ones in the pH & information about meters section of the blog.
Reviews of quite a few different scales, including Escali (1 gram), Escali (0.01 grams), and KD 7000
UTENSILS (including forks, knives, spoons, and other things for mixing stuff)