How long it takes an ingredient or product to spread on our skin then disappear.
- Member exclusive Q&A: What’s the difference between caprylic/capric triglycerides and squalane?
- Welcome to Point of Interest: A science-y place for science-y people who like science
- Defining some scientific terms: Solubility, viscosity, surface tension, and interfaces
- Defining some cosmetic chemistry terms: Spreadability, play time, cushion, drag, slip & glide, and melt point
- Why is the cosmetic formulator concerned with solubility, viscosity, surface tension, contact angles, wetting, refractive index, specific gravity, spreadability, play time, cushion, drag, and melting point?